Triple Chocolate Pound
- 1 (18½ ounce) package Devil's Food
- 1 (6 ounce) package chocolate instant
- 1¼ cups water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate
- ½ cup whipping cream
Garnish: Pecan halves
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large
mixing bowl; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2
- Stir 12-oz package morsels into batter. Pour
batter into a 10-inch Bundt pan that has been greased and lightly
- Bake at 350° for 55 minutes. (toothpick
inserted in center will not come out clean.)
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes; invert on a
cooling rack and cool completely.
- Combine remaining 6-oz package morsels and
cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring just until morsels are
- Cool 15 minutes. Drizzle glaze over cake.
Garnish if desired. Let glaze set before serving.
YIELD: 10 to 12
Note: Chocolate glaze makes an excellent
topping for ice cream.