Pound Cake Muffins
- 1¾ cup all purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Grease 9 muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt
and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with
mixer until well combined.
- Beat in sour cream, vanilla and lemon
extract (if desired) until well blended.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until well
- Beat in dry ingredients until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until a cake tester
inserted in center of one muffin comes out clean.
- Remove muffin tin(s) to wire rack.
- Cool 5 minutes before removing.
- Serve warm. (Note: Muffins freeze