Pink Lemonade Cake
Makes 1 (9-inch) Three-Layer Cake
- 1 ½ cups butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- ½ cup pink lemonade drink mix
- 4 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 4 cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 (9-inch) round
cake pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and
lemonade drink mix at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add
eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon
- In a medium bowl, combine cake flour, baking
powder, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture,
alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Spread batter into prepared pans, dividing
evenly among pans.
- Bake for 24 to 30 minutes, or until a wooden
pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, and let cool completely on
Makes about 4 ½
- 1 ½ cups unsalted butter,
- 6 Tablespoons frozen lemonade concentrate,
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 cups confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat butter, lemonade
concentrate, and lemon zest at medium speed with an electric mixer until
- Gradually add confectioners' sugar beating
- Garnish cake with lemons or lemon