- 1 (1¼ once) envelope active dry
- ¾ cup water water -- 100° to
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 quart buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- Chopped pecans or fresh or frozen fruit
- Combine yeast and warm water in a 1-cup
liquid measuring cup; let stand 5 minutes.
- Combine flour and next four ingredients in a
large bowl; make a "well" in the center.
- Combine eggs, buttermilk and oil; add to
flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Stir in yeast mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap then refrigerate 8
hours or up to one week.
- Remove batter from refrigerator; stir well.
- Pour ¼ cup for each pancake onto a
hot, lightly greased griddle.
- Cook pancakes until tops are covered with
bubbles and edges look cooked. Turn over and cook other side.
- Serve with pecans or fresh or frozen fruit