Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 6 sprigs parsley
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 large can tomatoes (# 2½ -
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- Dash of oregano & basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound ground beef
- Italian sausage (if desired)
- Lasanga noodles, cooked
- Chop large onion, parlic, parsley and fry
slightly in hot oil.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, salt,
pepper and water.
- Brown ground beef then add to tomato
- Cook over low heat 45 minutes stirring
- Remove bay leaf. (You may also add Italian
sausage to this recipe.)
Cheese Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Chop onion, cook in butter a minute or two.
- Mix in flour until smooth.
- Add parmesan cheese and dash of salt.
- Gradually stir in milk, stir constantly
until thick as heavy cream.
- Beat egg yolks slightly in a bowl.
- Mix in a little of the parmesan cheese
mixture with eggs, then add a little more, then slowly add all cheese and egg
- Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles as directed per pachage.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In greased baking dish place a layer of
noodles. Pour enough tomato sauce to cover then add cheese sauce and mozzarella
cheese. Continue these layers and finish with cheese sauce on top.
- Bake 20 minutes.