- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 pkg dry active yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg beaten, room temperature
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- Combine 1 tsp sugar and pkg of yeast in warm
- Let stand 5-10 minutes until yeast begins to
- Thoroughly mix milk, butter, sugar, egg and
- Stir in yeast mixture and 3½ cups of
flour (a bit more if needed to make a soft, pliable dough).
- Turn dough out on a floured board and let
rest while you clean and butter bowl.
- Knead dough gently 4-5 minutes, adding flour
if necessary, until dough is smooth and silky.
- Place dough in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap
and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Punch down dough. Pinch off pieces and roll
to 1-1½ inches and smooth (enough to fill half of muffin
- Place 2 pieces in each muffin
- Cover loosely with plastic wrap for 45
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until
- Serve as soon as they are cool enough to
- Makes 12 rolls.