Hot Fudge Sundae Pudding
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2½ tablespoons cocoa
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1¾ cups of hot water
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar,
2½ tablesppons cocoa, milk, shortening and vanilla; stirring until
- Stir in pecans (optional).
- Spread mixture into a lighty greased 9-inch
- Sprinkle mixture with brown sugar and
¼ cup cocoa; pour water over the mixture. DO NOT STIR.
- Bake in 350° oven for 40-45 minutes.
- To serve, cut into squares and invert each
square onto an individual dessert dish. Top with a scoop of vanilla ice cream
and spoon sauce remaining in the pan over top.
Note: This recipe can be doubled if you
need a large dessert.