Sweet Roll Dough:
- 3½ to 4 cups flour
- 1 pkg active dry yeast or rapid rise
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Mix 2 cups of the flour and yeast.
- Heat and stir milk, sugar, shortening and
salt until warm.
- Add to flour mixture; add eggs.
- Beat at low speed for 30 seconds.
- Beat 3 minutes at high speed.
- Stir in as much of the remaining flour as
you can mix in with a spoon.
- Knead in enough of the remaining flour to
make a moderately still dough. Knead until smooth.
- Shape into ball. Place in greased bowl;
- Cover and let the dough rise for 45-60
- Punch down then divide in half.
- Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll into a 12x8 inch rectangle.
Note: If using rapid rise yeast, rise time will
be half what is stated. Also, you may roll out all the dough at one time if
desired; just double the size.
Creamy Cinnamon Rolls:
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Grease two round 9x1½ inch pans.
- Brush dough with 3 tablespoons melted
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon together then
sprinkle over dough.
- Roll up dough starting from the longest end.
- Using a little water, pinch together ends
and seal edges.
- Taking a piece of thread, place under the
rolled dough where you want to make the cut. Pull thread up around the sides.
Crisscross thread across top of roll pulling quickly as though tying a knot.
- Place rolls in prepared pan.
- Cover and let rise until double in size
(about 30 minutes).
- Take the ¾ cup whipping cream and
pour half over each pan of rolls.
- Bake in 375° oven for 18-20
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ tsp vanilla
Combine all ingredients and spread over