- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter or margarine,
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- 1 to 1¼ cups semisweet chocolate
- In a small bowl, mix flour, baking soda and
salt; set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat the butter,
brown sugar and sugar at medium speed until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- At low speed, gradually beat in flour
mixture until well blended.
- Stir in 1 cup chocolate chips.
- Place dough in refrigerator and 1½
hours or in freezer for 45 minutes or until well chilled, but nor hard
(chilling makes the dough less sticky and helps prevent excessive spreading
- Grease a 12-inch round metal or foil baking
- Place dough in center of pan. Press evenly
to within 1½ inches of edge of pan. If desired, sprinkle additional
¼ cup chocolate chips on top, pressing down lightly.
- For easier handling, place foil pan on a
baking sheet. Bake in center of a preheated 325° oven for 25 to 30 minutes
or until edges are form and no indention remains in center of cookie when
- For a softer cookie, bake the minimum time.
Place foil pan on a wire rack and cool cookie completely.
- When cool, remove cookie from pan and wrap
tightly in plastic wrap. Overwrap with foil to retain freshness. Store in a
- If desired, decorate cookie with