- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound chicken breast filets
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 heaping cup Instant Corn Masa
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- 1 (16-oz) Velveeta cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tsp cummin
- 3 cups water
- Garnishes: shredded cheddar cheese, tortilla
chips, sour cream
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot over
- Add chicken breast to pot and brown for 4-5
minutes per side.
- Set chicken aside.
- Add onions and garlic to pot and saute over
medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until onions become translucent.
- Add chicken broth.
- Combine corn masa mix with 2 cups of water
in a medium bowl and whisk until blended.
- Add masa mixture to pot with onions, garlic
- Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese
and spices to pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Shred the chicken into small, bite-sized
pieces and add it to the pot.
- Reduce heat and simmer soup for 30-40
minutes or until thick.
- To serve, crumble tortilla chips in soup
bowl, add soup, and garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and sour